To our Grade 12 students, parents/guardians, and your families;
This wasn’t the type of graduation celebration that you expected, wanted or even planned for many months ago. This definitely wasn’t our plan for you either. Your final semester at École Notre Dame High School is a time I know you and your families have been anticipating for many years. We are as heartbroken as you are that your final months at NDHS, and your graduation ceremony to celebrate your crowning achievements, are being impacted by this global crisis.
Many of you have successfully navigated challenging situations in the past, and while this one is certainly both historic and unique, I am confident that each of you will not only persevere but learn from this experience. Indeed, we all will learn much from this extraordinary challenge.
This week, and for the month of June, we celebrate YOU and your accomplishments.
- On May 4 we celebrated all grade 12’s, we illuminated our School Gym and Walsh Field as a tribute to our grade 12 athletes who did not get to finish their final season.
- If you drive past the C2 Video Board between May 19 – 31, we were able to put your Grad Portraits up on the big screen for all of Bonnyville to see.
- When you cruise downtown Bonnyville May 29 – June 12, you will be able to see a huge banner across main street to honor all of our graduates!
- On Friday, May 30, stay tuned to your email, Remind and Facebook as you may receive a special video gift from staff!
- June 12 – 19, we are having a Grad Rally where you can expect your home to be visited (at a safe distance) by our NDHS Admin and Staff. Our route and timeframe will be released later this week, but you can expect our visits to be between 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM. You are invited to wear your Grad Dress / Formal Attire to showcase during this event. We will be delivering some surprises and spreading some cheer!
- We encourage you to use the items in this package to celebrate with your family. Feel free to share your photos on Social Media using #Wildcatstrong, #NDHSGrad2020 and #NDHSWildcats.
- June 24 we will celebrate again one more time before the end of this school year. If AHS hasn’t adjusted gathering numbers by this date, then we will be sending out a video message that will include the Valedictorian Address, Principal Address, and messages from other dignitaries in our community.
- Hopefully in the Fall of 2020, a chance to actually have a Ceremony for Grad 2020
Please note that we are bound by the AHS guidelines, and that is why we are celebrating this way, which is what many of the high schools in Alberta are also doing. If we could gather as a community, we would do so in a heartbeat, but health and safety must remain the utmost of importance for all involved.
Students, we want you to know that we are so proud of you and your achievements. We miss you and look forward to seeing you again in the future! While you may not walk the halls as students, you will always be welcomed back as Notre Dame High School family.
Mr. Spila, Principal